About the President’s Volunteer Service Award
The Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center is the area’s Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. The President’s Volunteer Service Award is the premier volunteer award program, encouraging a life of service through presidential recognition. Recognizing and honoring volunteers sets a standard for service, encourages a sustained commitment to civic participation and inspires other to make service a central part of their lives.
Back to Top
Any individual, family or group that meets the program’s criteria can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours served over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime. Criteria for recognition are:
- Recipients must be United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States.
- Awards are issued for hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization, i.e. charitable support, are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
Included in the Award
Back to Top
Award recipients will receive:
- The official President’s Volunteer Service Award pin
- A personalized certificate of achievement
- A congratulatory letter from the president of the United States
Back to Top
Any individual, family, or group can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours earned over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime at home or abroad. The following are the eligibility requirements for each age group:
- Kids: Age 5-10
- Teens: 11-15
- Young Adults: Individual Age 16-25
- Adults: Individual Age 26 +
Bronze Level Service Award Criteria
Kids: 26 to 49 hours
Teens: 50 to 74 hours
Young Adults: 100 to 174 hours
Adults: 100 to 249 hours
Family & Groups: 200 to 499 hours
Silver Level Service Award Criteria
Kids: 50 to 74 hours
Young Adults: 175 to 249 hours
Teens: 75 to 99 hours
Adults: 250 to 499 hours
Family & Groups: 500 to 999 hours
Gold Level Service Award Criteria
Kids: 75 hours or more
Young Adults: 250 hours or more
Teens: 100 hours or more
Adults: 500 hours or more
Family & Groups: 1000 hours or more
||President's Call to Service
Lifetime Achievement Award Criteria
All Ages: 4,000 hours or more of volunteer service over a lifetime.
Award Application Process
Once you have registered, you can click here to the Service Award Application Packet.
Register by filling out this online form:
Paying for the Presidential Award
The processing fee is $30. Click below to make your secure online payment or make a check out to the Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center and mail it to:
Attn: President's Award
PO Box 3374
Durham, NC 27702